Comforting Sympathy Quotes and Sayings
Being in grief can be a very difficult time. It's not easy to find comfort when you're feeling like your world is falling apart, but these quotes should help you through the dark times. You'll find memorial quotes and writing tips that offer solace and hope for the future. These quotes will inspire you, or someone you love, to keep going even on your darkest days!
What are good sympathy messages?
A good message is one that offers comfort and hope to the person who is going through the grieving process. It should be heartfelt and show sincere sympathy, letting the person know that you are there for them and that you care about their lost loved one. Sometimes, just knowing that someone else understands what they are going through can make all the difference.
What are some popular sympathy quotes?
When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for yourself and your own delight. -Kahlil Gibran
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. -Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp. ~ Anne Lamott
Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure, you are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure. - Renee Wood (copyright)
What can I say instead of "deepest sympathy"?
- May knowing you're in the hearts and thoughts of others help you through this time of sorrow.
- Extending sympathy for you in your loss and hoping, too, that comfort and peace may come to you.
- Praying for friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to help you smile again.
You can say that you are sorry for their loss or that they are in your thoughts and prayers during their time of grief. You could also offer to be there for them and offer specific ways you are able to help. Letting the person who is grieving know that you are there for them and is a way to show your deepest sympathies without saying the words.
What are some sympathy quotes for loss of a loved one.
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller
- "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal." -From a headstone in Ireland
- "Grief is the price we pay for love." -E.A. Bucchianeri
- "It is not the length of life, but the depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they are gone, the light remains.
What are some unique sympathy quotes?
“There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
It will be the little things that you will remember, the quiet moments, the smiles, the laughter. And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back again.
What should a sympathy card say?
Sympathy cards should express your condolences with a personal sympathy message and let the person know that you are thinking of them and that their loved one will be deeply missed. You can also include a handwritten note or postcard if you want to add a more personal touch.
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best thing to say will vary depending on the relationship you have with the person who has lost a loved one. However, some possible ways to express heartfelt sympathy include "my thoughts are with you," "you are in my prayers," or "I am here for you if you need anything."
What should I write in a sympathy card to a friend?
A sympathy card to a friend should express your condolences and let them know that you are there for them. You can also include a personal message letting them know how much you care about them. If you want, you can ask if there is anything you can do to help out.
It's important to follow-up with your friend after a few weeks to check in on them and see how they are doing.
Sympathy messages offer comfort during difficult times. They provide hope for the future and help people understand that their feelings are normal.
What is a good condolence message to a colleague or coworker?
Good sympathy messages to a colleague or coworker should be heartfelt and sincere. They should also let them know that you care about their well-being. Try saying something like "my thoughts are with you, and I am so sorry for your loss," "I am here for you if there is anything I can do," or "please reach out if there's anything I can do to help."
How can I express my condolences?
There are many different ways to express your deepest sympathies. You can send a sympathy card, flowers, or a gift. You could also make a donation in the person's name or offer to help out with funeral costs. Attending the memorial service will help the bereaved feel surrounded with those who care. Be sure to reach out in the weeks ahead with a phone call, text or card.
What are helpful sympathy quotes for getting through tough times?
There are many helpful sympathy messages to help people through hard times. The following offer a stoics approach to grief with a deeper philosophical perspective that lets sorrow bring peace. Finding the right words isn't easy for a wounded heart, so borrowing words from the masters can be a helpful gesture.
"It is not the length of life, but the depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote reminds us that it's not how long we live, but how well we live that matters. It offers hope for the future and helps us understand that our feelings are normal. This can be helpful when we are struggling to get through tough times.
"Grief is the price we pay for love." -E.A. Bucchianeri
This quote reminds us that the pain of grief is a sign of how much we loved someone. It offers comfort and hope during difficult times.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal." -From a headstone in Ireland
This quote reminds us that while death cannot be undone, we should not let grief overwhelm our lives. It offers comfort and hope during difficult times.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller
This quote reminds us that the things we love most in life are not physical, but rather they come from within. It offers comfort and hope during difficult times.
How do I write a sympathy card?
Writing a sympathy card can be difficult, especially if you are not familiar with the person who has passed away. When writing your condolence message, it's important that your wording is heartfelt and sincere.
Here are a few tips for writing a sympathy card:
- Keep it brief and simple
- Avoid any religious themes, unless you know the person was a particular faith
- Avoid saying things like "at least they are in a better place" or "they're looking down on us from heaven," as this can be upsetting to those who do not share your beliefs
- Be sure to use their loved one's name in the card because the most important thing you can do is to continue saying their name when other's have stopped.
What can I say for the loss of a child?
Losing a child is one of the most difficult things a parent can go through. The following quotes can be used to express your condolences:
- Only a moment in your arms, but forever in your heart.
- Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever.
- We knew your beauty for a moment but hold your memory for a lifetime.
How can I express my deepest condolences for the loss of a friend?
Losing a friend is always difficult. The following suggestions can be used to express your condolences:
"I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Losing someone you care about is never easy and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time." "Your friendship was one that I will cherish forever. He/She will be missed more than words can say." "Your friend was such a special person and I feel so lucky to have known him/her. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time."
These messages offer comfort and understanding to those who have lost a friend. They let them know that they are in your thoughts and prayers,
What are some good condolence messages for the loss of a sibling?
The following sympathy quote can be used to express your condolences for the loss of a sibling:
- "Saying goodbye is never easy. Losing a family member is like losing part of yourself. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time."
- "Your brother/sister was such a special person and I feel so lucky to have known him/her. I will miss him/her dearly."
These sympathy quotes offer comfort and understanding to those who have lost a sibling. They let them know that they are in your thoughts and prayers, and that you care about their well-being.
What are some heartfelt messages someone grieving the loss of a beloved pet?
Saying goodbye to a loyal companion is never easy. The following sayings are just suggestions on how to express condolences for the loss of a pet or you can create your own sympathy message can be used to express your condolences for the loss of a pet:
"I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet can be so difficult. They are such a source of unconditional love and I know they will be missed."
A heartfelt message can offer comfort and understanding to those who have lost a pet. Even though they are not human, their loss is just as significant, and they will be greatly missed.
Short sympathy quotes and sayings.
- Grateful memories survive and will light your way through the darkness.
- So many lives were changed because of one special life.
- Always in our minds and hearts forever.
- With sincerest sympathy and remembrance.
- Sincere sympathy for such a difficult loss.
- Sincere condolences for the loss of such an amazing person.
- May your beautiful memories of a remarkable life comfort you.
- A great soul never dies, they live on forever in our heart.
- Those we love deeply become a part of us forever.
- Deep grief is the result of deep love.
- Words fail but loving memories prevail.
- Only a moment in our arms but forever in our hearts.
- Present grief will be replaced with treasured memories.
- So many smiles are worth all the tears.
Famous sympathy quote suggestions.
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. - Robert Louis Stevenson
- When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for yourself. - Kahlil Gibran
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- There are no goodbyes for us, wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. - Gandhi
- Good-bye is not forever; farewell is not the end. It simply means I'll miss you until we meet again.
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. - Helen Keller
- Those we love don't go away, the walk beside us every day, Unseen, unheard but always near, so loved, so missed ad held so dear.
Religious Sympathy Messages.
- May the love of God bring you comfort at this difficult time.
- God's grace is all-powerful and can give you the strength to get through anything.
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Bible Verse Psalm 34:18
- May the love of your angel softly enfold you. Gently uplift you, comfort and hold you.
- The spirit rejoices when our loved ones are finally home.
- A great soul has left this earthly life and will be deeply missed until we meet again.
- The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God!
- Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
- When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know
Is it ever too late to express sympathy?
There is no time limit or correct way to express sympathy. You can send a card, call the family on the phone, visit in person or offer you condolences online through the online obituary websites. As a general rule, the first year of grieving can be the most difficult. Remembering someone as they move through the many "firsts" after losing a loved one is very important.
We hope these quotes and messages have provided you with some ideas on some words that help when you or someone you care has experienced a loss. We know what it's like to lose somebody so deeply important in life, but we also know there is always light after dark times :)
Want to read more sympathy articles? Check out our other articles on how to cope with grief: