A Unique Bereavement Gift You Can Send Today
- Open when you're sad. (Add some smiley or heart stickers inside)
- Open when you miss them. (Add a note inside using their loved one's name and share a story or memory.)
- Open when you're sad. (Include a handkerchief with words of encouragement written on it with a Sharpie)
- Open when you need to feel normal again for an hour. (Include a coupon for a trip to get ice-cream or coffee)
- Open when you need a break. (Include a coupon for a walk in a park, movie tickets, etc.)
- Open when you can't sleep. (Include some chamomile tea bags.)
- Open when you need a break from the world. (Include an eye mask or under eye patches.)
- Open when you have no energy to cook. (Include a gift card for Uber Eats, Panerra or a meal delivery service.)
- Open when you need a pick me up. (Include a Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts gift card)
- Open when you need encouragement. (Write a list of uplifting or supporting quotes)
- Open when you need a laugh. ( Include a funny cartoon, meme or joke)
- Open when you need a hug. (Include a small, soft stuffed animal, weighted pillow or a mini 'hug coupon'.)
- Open when you need a distraction. (Include a small puzzle, crossword, or adult coloring book.)
- Open when you need to breathe. (Include calming essential oil or a mini mindfulness guide.)
- Open when you need a friend. (Include a promise to meet up, no matter the time or place.)
- Open when you need hope. (Include a plant or flower seeds to symbolize new beginnings.)
- Open when you need comfort. (Include a cozy pair of socks)
- Open when you need to feel grounded. (Include a small mindfulness bell or meditation guide.)
- Open when the world feels too loud. (Include a soothing playlist or calming sounds.)
- Open when you need a moment of self-care. (Include a face mask, bath bomb, or a gift certificate for a massage.)
- Open when you need to remember it's okay to not be okay. (Include an empathetic letter, book or quote.)
- Open when you need a reminder of how much you're cared for. (Include a list of encouraging words that you've gathered from those around them.)
This just might be one of my favorite bereavement gift ideas! I'm definitely going to use this!
Our Top Blog Posts
Best Sympathy Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card
It's challenging to find the right words for a sympathy card. This post offers the best sympathy messages for cards, making it easier to express your condolences. You can choose from religious messages with scripture/prayers to personal ones with quotes/memories of the deceased.
32 Best Quotes About Losing a Friend
Losing a friend is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to go through, and it can take a long time for you to recover from it. Sometimes, the only thing that seems to help is finding some quotes about loss - quotes that provide comfort after the death of a close friend. In this blog post, we will share 32 comforting quotes about losing a friend!
10 Perfect Alternatives to Sympathy Flowers
When someone passes away, sending flowers is a common way to express condolences. However, sometimes sending something different can be a more meaningful and personalized gesture. This article explores alternative sympathy gifts to send when someone dies, such as a donation to a charity, a memorial tree, a handwritten letter, or a customized keepsake. Find inspiration and guidance on how to show your love and support during a difficult time without relying on traditional flower arrangements.